I don’t know about you, but my mornings are ALWAYS rushed! Sleeping past my alarm, taking longer than anticipated with hair and makeup, and my dog not wanting to come in from outside are just a few of many reasons why I am always running behind. Once in the car, driving down the road, pretending to be my favorite character from Fast and Furious, you realize your stomach is growling. Oops, I forgot breakfast AGAIN! If that sounds identical or extremely close to your mornings, these prepare ahead-of-time breakfast recipes are perfect for you!
Oats On The Go
This is what you need:
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Applesauce
- 1 ½ cups of Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Muffin Liners (make sure to use liners)
- Chocolate Chips
How to make Oats on the GO:
- First things first, preheat the oven to 350* and line your muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Next, in a large bowl add eggs, oil, and brown sugar whisk together. Once sugar is dissolved whisk in the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. After that, stir in oats and baking powder, make sure everything is well combines.
- Then fill the muffin tin with about ¼ cup of mixture. Now for the yummy part, add your favorite topping and press into the mixture with a spoon or fork.
- Place muffin tin in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before eating.
- Now you have a rush free breakfast morning
***Store in an airtight container or freeze for later***
Scrambled Eggs on the GO:
What you need:
- 12 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 – 3 tbsp diced onions
- 1 cup cooked diced ham
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded baby spinach
How to use ingredients:
- Make sure to preheat oven to 350*
- Now prepare muffin tin with either muffin liners or non-stick cooking spray
- Beat together all the eggs and add in everything else
- Place about ⅓ cup of mixture in each muffin liner.
- Next bake for 20 – 25 minutes (make sure the center of the muffin is completely cooked)
- Eat & Enjoy not worry about what to make for breakfast!!
***Store in the refrigerator or freeze for later***
Pancakes on the GO:
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
Toppings: (Directions for each located below)
- Banana Chocolate Chip
- Maple Bacon
- Apple & Crumb
- Blueberry Brown Sugar
- Spicy Sausage & Cheddar
***You can modify these toppings with other items***
- Make sure to preheat oven to 350* and grease muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mix all together. Combine milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and stir all together. Then add wet and dry ingredients together and mix together till well blended.
- Next, scoop ⅓ cup of mixtures into each muffin liner and add topping.
- Than let bake for about 8 – 12 minutes or until sides are golden.
- Now your breakfast is ready you just need to make sure you are in the morning!
***Store in the refrigerator or freezer for later***
Banana Chocolate Chip Topping:
- 1 cup diced or crushed banana
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Directions: Sprinkle 1 tbsp of chocolate chips and banana over each muffin.
Maple Bacon Topping:
- 8 pieces of cooked bacon
- 3 tbsp plus 2 tsp maple syrup
Directions: Sprinkle bacon over each muffin (try to be even) and add ½ tsp of maple over the bacon.
Apple & Crumb:
- 1 cup = about 2 apples finely chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cold butter cut into small piece
Directions: Mix apples and ¼ tsp cinnamon and divide evenly between muffins. Next, mix remaining ¼ tsp cinnamon with flour, brown sugar, and butter. Mix with a fork till ingredients form a crumble. Sprinkle over each muffin.
Blueberry Brown Sugar:
- 1 ¼ cup fresh blueberries (can use frozen blueberries)
- ⅓ cup plus 4 tsp brown sugar
Directions: Sprinkle 1 tbsp of blueberries and 1 tsp brown sugar over each muffin.
Spicy Sausage & Cheddar:
- 8 oz cooked spicy sausage = 2 cooked sausages
- ½ cup fine shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions: Sprinkle cooked spicy sausage and sharp cheddar cheese over each muffin.
We hope all of these or at least one of the breakfast recipes listed above help your mornings run a little more smoothly….and add a delicious bonus!