Summer is the best season for many reasons…sunshine, tanning, boating, grilling, and OF COURSE the desserts! Desserts for the summer should be refreshing and have a taste of what summer is all about. That is why we have hand picked these three desserts!
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallows large and/or small marshmallows
- 1st – Preheat oven to 350*
- 2nd – In a bowl, add crushed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Then press that mixture into a greased 9×13 pan.
- 3rd – Now pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker and spread until even.
- 4th – Sprinkle both chocolate chips all over! YUMMY!
- 5th – After sprinkling the chocolate chips bake ingredients for 25 minutes
- 6th – Place marshmallows evenly all over the top. (if using large marshmallows cut them in half)
- 7th – To turn the marshmallows a light golden brown broil for 1-2 minutes. (Make sure you watch carefully)
- 8th – Before serving, refrigerate at least 30-60 minutes & eat up!!! 🙂
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
What you need to create this delicious summer treat:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tp salt
- 1 ½ cups of buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp (½ sticks) unsalted butter (Melted)
- 2 containers of vanilla or any flavor ice cream (softened)
- EXTRA: Multicolored sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, mini M&M’s, etc. (for coating)
Here is what to do with everything:
- 1st – We need to make the waffle batter. In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Now, in a different bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Next mix in the buttermilk mixture and stir till combined.
- 2nd – Heat up a round waffle iron. Once waffle iron is ready, pour ½ cup of waffle batter on iron and cook till light golden brown. (approximately 5-6 minutes) Then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 3rd – Now for the BEST PART adding the ice cream! Scoop ice cream all over half of a waffle. (make sure to spread evenly) Fold over the other half of the walf to create a sandwich. With the edges coat the ice cream with desired “extras”! Then freeze for about 4 hours maybe even up to 2 days. Cut each waffle into 4’s and serve. It’s a perfect dessert for a hot humid Michigan summer day!!!
Lemon Cheesecake Bars w/ Raspberry Swirl
- 9 graham crackers
- 4 tbsp of melted butter
- 16 oz of softened cream cheese
- ⅔ cups of sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- ¼ cups of lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz of raspberries
- 1 tbs of sugar (optional)
- 1st – Preheat your oven to 324* & line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Let parchment paper hang over the sides for easy removal.
- 2nd – Place crushed graham crackers in a bowl add melted butter and combine together. Then place this mixture into your baking sheet lined with parchment paper and create an even layer.
- 3rd – Bake the crust for 10 minute and let cool.
- 4th – Now add cream cheese to a blender and mix till creamy. After that, add ⅔ cups of sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice until completely combined. Add one egg at a time until mixed together.
- 5th – Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the graham cracker crust.
- 6th – Prepare the raspberries in a food processor, then strain the pureed raspberries to remove all the seeds. If desired…add 1 tbsp of sugar. Then drizzle & swirl the raspberry puree on top of the cheesecake.
- 7th – Bake cheesecake for 35-40 minutes. (or until set)
- 8th – Once cheesecake is cooked, let it completely cool then place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- 9th – BEST PART ~ serve and enjoy!
These desserts will satisfy any chocolate lovers, ice cream screamers, and the fruit loop dreamers taste buds. Now… which dessert will you make first?!
***Comment below with your favorite summer desserts!!! 🙂