Spring Spruce Ups!
(for your Kitchen or Bathroom)
It’s finally Spring and the need for new changes or “spruce ups” in our home is in the air. These can be small changes or big changes, but sometimes a small change is all that is needed to bring new life to our kitchen or bathroom (especially if our budgets can only handle the smaller changes right now).
The question is what are those small changes? How can a small change really make a difference in something like my kitchen or my bathroom. You would be surprised!! The list of small, but significant changes is endless. Let’s look at a few!
Maybe new cabinets are not in the budget for 2022, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t add a simple spruce up to your kitchen. The backsplash is an easy way to add some fun color, shape, texture and just plain POP to your kitchen. Here are a few trending backsplash ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- White Subway Tile~this may seem like a simple choice, but it is a timeless choice that can add just the small change you are looking for in your kitchen. It is affordable, easy to install, and simple to maintain. Win, win, win for your Spring Spruce Up!
- Minimalistic White and Black Tile~Sometimes you want the simplicity of black and white tile. This can be in a pattern, geometric shapes, or as simple as white tile with black grout. Another simple change that makes a bold statement in your kitchen.
- Blue Patterned Tile~maybe you love the idea of white tile, but want to add in that fun pop of blue to give it just a little more pizzazz. Another affordable, easy change that adds some eye catching detail to your kitchen.
- Matching Countertop and Backsplash~could be you KNOW your countertops need to go, and you want to keep the whole design simple. More and more backsplashes are a continuation of the countertop pattern, and it all seamlessly flows together to add beauty to your home.
These are just a few of the trending ideas for a backsplash spruce up for Spring!
Now let’s look at another simple update that makes a big splash in your kitchen or your bathroom!
Here at SLD, we often refer to hardware as the bling of the kitchen or bathroom. It is often one of the last details to be chosen, but it can make such a difference in completing a space. There are SO many options to choose from, and what’s even better is you can mix and match colors and styles to create the needed change for your space.
Let’s take a look at some trending choices for hardware:
- Champagne Bronze/Honey Bronze/Antique Brass~yes, the gold look is back! Just when we thought the bronzes were out forever, the warmer toned hardware makes a comeback. Lots of different finishes to choose from, and they can really add a fresh warm tone to your kitchen or bathroom.
- Black~pops of black are being seen all over 2022 design trends. Matte black or satin black depending on your preference both add that dramatic change you may be looking for to spruce up your space.
- Latches~ Interestingly enough latches are reappearing in the design world. They add an almost European farmhouse feel to your kitchen or bathroom.
- Mix and Match~In my book, this is the best part of hardware~the Mix and Match! You can use pulls on the base cabinets/drawers and knobs on the upper cabinets. You can even mix and match the color and style. This is a great way to add a new look to your kitchen without breaking the bank to do it.
Let’s finish by looking at a creative way to update your bathroom without too much effort…The MIRROR!! There are so many styles, colors, and shapes of mirrors to choose from. Here are a few ideas:
- LED Bathroom Mirror~these mirrors are so popular, we now have 3 in our showrooms. They are a combination of make-up lighting, mood lighting, demister (to prevent the mirror from steaming up), and a SOUND SYSTEM! Yes, you read that right..these mirrors have bluetooth capabilities and speakers, so they can play music while you get ready in the morning! What more could you want in a bathroom mirror update? Plus, they can stay lit around the perimeter to add a type of night light effect to your bathroom.
- Round or Oval Mirror ~another popular choice is a fun mirror in some “rounded” shape. The frame can be black, decorative, the ever popular bead look, or any style you desire, but either way it adds that extra flair you are looking to achieve.
There are lots of other simple update choices for your home such as:
The list is endless (unfortunately our budgets usually are not). However, it is always nice to know that we can make some simple changes to our home without having to do the huge kitchen/bathroom remodel (save that for 2023).