CHOCOLATE DIPPED “FOOTBALL” SLICED APPLES
**This only makes 4 servings so you may want to double (or triple) the recipe
- 3 large apples, sliced
- 1 bag Wilton brand candy melts in dark chocolate
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- white cake decorating icing
- ¼ teaspoon or more vegetable oil, or shortening if your chocolate becomes too thick or sticky
- Soak apple slices in pineapple juice for about 10 minutes and dry completely. This is to avoid apples from turning brown.
- Melt chocolate according to package (I followed the double boiler method)
- Fill a medium saucepan ¼ of the way with water and use a glass bowl or pyrex glass to set inside the pot to slowly melt the chocolate pieces. You don’t want to overheat the chocolate so turn off the heat one the water starts to boil. Stir frequently.
- Dip the apple slices in the chocolate. I found it easier to use a long toothpick. If chocolate becomes too thick or sticky, try stirring in a touch of oil or shortening.
- Place apple slices on parchment paper and let dry for about 15 mins. Use white cake decorating frosting to pipe on the “football laces”
SUPER BOWL PARTY CHEESE BALL FOOTBALL
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- 3 cups crushed pecans
- Roasted red peppers of laces
- Crackers or veggie sticks
- Combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and ground pepper flakes in a bowl until blended. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until the mixture is firm enough to be shaped.
- Shape mixture into a large oval “football”. Smooth entire outer surface with a frosting spatula or table knife. Using your hands, press the ball into crushed pecans.
- Cut roasted red peppers for laces. Serve with Crackers or veggie sticks.