October should be nominated “National Dessert Month” because of all the delicious fall desserts. Apples Gallor ~ Apple crisp, apple crumble, apple pie, caramel apples…I mean the list just goes on. Pumpkin Everything ~ pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin coffee drinks…and the list truly doesn’t end there! We aren’t done yet with all the cinnamon, pecan, and s’mores fall inspired desserts as well. Not to mention, the only Holiday in October is Halloween which is centered around free candy. So who is with me? Let’s make October “National Dessert Month”, so we don’t feel guilty indulging in some sweet treats in the cool, crisp fall evenings.
Now let’s actually talk about some yummy and very easy Halloween party snacks for your whole family to enjoy or to serve at a festive fall fiesta! These desserts are quick and easy to make. BONUS ~ they will look extremely cute and well planned out too!
First Up: Monster Rice Krispie Treats
~ 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
~ 1 bag of marshmallows
~ ¼ cup butter
~ ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
~ Candy Melts (Pick the colors you want to use)
~ Candy eyes (Wide range of size to mix & match)
~ Cooking oil
- 9 x 13 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Melt the butter over low heat or in the microwave and mix in the marshmallows until creamy
- In a large bowl, mix in the marshmallow cream, vanilla extract, and rice krispie cereal until all ingredients are combined
- Pour rice krispie makings into the baking pan, press down till even
- Allow to cool for them to become firm. (if in a hurry, place in the fridge for a little while)
- Melt approximately 1 cup of candy melts in the microwave for 1 minute, stir then continue to microwaving for 30 second intervals and stirring in between until completely melted
- Now add approximately ½ tsp of cooking oil (you may have to add more, just do it slowly) and stir
- For the fun part, dip rice krispie squares into candy melts and set on parchment paper. Then add the candy eyes to each square.
- Allow rice krispies to cool and candy melts to harden before serving
- Eat up with you have the monster munchies!
Next: Ghostly Strawberries
~ Two containers of Strawberries
~ 1 ½ cups of white chocolate chips
~ 1 tsp of coconut oil
~ Mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet (or something similar) with parchment paper (easy clean up & strawberries won’t stick)
- Combine melted white chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Next dip strawberries into white chocolate and place on parchment paper
- Place two mini chocolate chips on the strawberries for eyes and one below for the mouth
- Now place baking sheet in the frig for at least 20 minutes for the white chocolate to harden.
- Enjoy & serve your spooky treats!
Last but not least: Spider Cookies
~ ½ cup sugar
~ ½ cup packed brown sugar
~ ½ cup creamy peanut butter
~ ½ cup soften butter
~ 1 egg
~ 1 ½ cups flour
~ ¾ tsp baking soda
~ ½ tsp baking powder
~ Extra sugar
Spider Cookie Toppings:
~ Mini Reese Cups
~ Candy Eyes
~ Melting Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375*
- In a mixing bowl beat ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and egg until combined.
- Next stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until dough forms
- Now roll dough into 1 in. balls and roll them in the extra sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are brown and then let cool on a cooling rack or parchment paper.
- When cookies are cooled place a dot of melted chocolate in the middle of the cookie and add a mini Reeses on top, place the candy eyes on the mini Reeses, and draw legs coming out of the body with melted chocolate.
- Let the chocolate harden before serving.
- Don’t be scared of the spider cookies because they are delicious!
***If you are in a rush, buy premade cookies and just add the toppings.
Spooktacular snacks for a feartastic event! Let us know what you think of these desserts below or share what your favorite fall treat is… We can’t wait to see your comments! 🙂